PhiloVis is a completely new designed high performance multichannel visualization software manly developed for the civil aviation market. The combination of novel visualization technics available in most resent graphics hardware (GPU) and the modular software approach allows for flexible customization and the utilization.
This new large scale image generator is currently available for Linux and Windows Operating Systems in single desktop and cluster configuration.
System Software Components
- Standardized API to connect to custom aircraft simulations
- Highly realistic and accurate rendering of terrain surface and Models (Trees, Landscape, etc ..) with smooth Multi-Level of details (LOD) transitions.
- Daytime depending Illumination rendering (shadows, surface reflexing and day/night mode)
- Various weather conditions (rain, snow, fog, clouds coverage)
- Simulation of cloud movements through wind-influence, effects of flying through clouds or fog.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) supported simulation modules (Air and ground traffic, ground personal, etc …)
- Real-time editable Databases and 3D Content (immediate viewing mode)
- 3D Model Import from various formats (.3ds, .lwo, etc…)
Real-time Models & Terrain Databases
In currently available Image Generators, the terrain is approximated by Triangulation. PhiloVis on the other hand uses exact heights bases and is capable of processing large amounts of unreduced data without loss of accuracy.
Terrain Data can be digital terrain elevation data (DTED) in a resolution of 1 x 1 arc second (Level 2) and digital feature analysis data (DFAD) (first and second level) as well as other formats (ATKIS, VMap etc) as requested by the customer.
Databases will be generated in a directly editable format. Corrections can be performed directly and the results reviewed immediately.
Simulation models such as airplanes, vehicles, ships, runways, taxiways or buildings can be imported from external sources in different formats such as .3ds, .lwo, etc. Moving parts (wheels, turbine, rotor, etc.) can be animated. The models can exist in multiple Levels of Detail (LOD). The highest LOD can consist of many thousand faces to guarantee a realistic view.